PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Black Kitty Makeup Tutorial

Reposting this Kitty makeup I did a couple years back! Hope this little tutorial is helpful!

You will need:
Foundation
Eyeshadow Primer and Base ( I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
Black Eyeshadow ( I used Ben Nye Black)
Gray Eyeshadow  ( I used Ben Nye Graphite)
White Eyeshadow ( I used Sugarpill Tako)
Black Eyeliner ( I used three different kinds of liner. I used Pur Minerals Black Gel Liner, Jordana Fabuliner Black Eyeliner Pen and Lorac Kohl Eyeliner)
A variety of brushes such as fluffy blending brush, eyeshadow brush, angled liner brush, small liner brush, fluffy blush brush and a small flat brush.
Red lipstick or lip pencil (I used NYX Jumbo lip pencil)
Fake Lashes

 1.  Apply your foundation. Prime and add a base to your eye. Then using your fluffy brush apply the white eyeshadow to your inner eye. Apply it in your tear duct area and a third of the way over. Using the same brush apply the gray eyeshadow to the middle third of your eye. Then, using a piece of paper or tape, hold it to your eye and apply the black eyeshadow. Using the paper or tape will create a nice, sharp clean edge. After you have done that, using your fluffy brush, reapply the white overlapping into the gray to blend, then apply the gray slightly overlapping into the white and black to blend. Very carefully add more black to blend and get the desired color depth. After you have finished that, use your fluffy brush or your finger and blend out the top edge of the makeup. Take care not to ruin the crisp line on the outer edge.

2. Using your desired liner, line your eye making a dramatic wing on the outer edge. The bigger the better! I used my eyeliner pen to do the top liner and outer wing. Then I used my kohl eyeliner for the inner line and lower liner. To get the little point on the inner eye I used an angled liner brush to pull the liner down a little. I also used gel liner to line my tightline and fill in all the space between my lashes.

3.  Using your gray shadow and a blush or face brush contour your face. Then apply the gray to your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose and to your forehead. Blend out the gray heavily. Next apply white eyeshadow in a circular shape just under your nose. You will want to make sure you use a quality white eyeshadow. Apply the shadow in layers until it is opaque. Then using black liner ( i used my gel liner and an angled liner brush) apply to the lower part of your nose. Then trace the liner down to your lip and line the top edge of your top lip. Carefully follow the edge of your lips out and line the lower edge of the circular shape making a cat "smile". Fill your lips in with the liner.

4.  Using the gray eyeshadow and a small eyeliner brush ,line the white circular shape. Apply this very lightly!! Then using your eyeliner ( I used my eyeliner pen) draw 3 small dots in the middle of the white circular areas.  Then draw your whiskers on. You can draw them as big or small as you like. I ALWAYS mess up when I do whiskers and never get them straight so I opted for tiny whiskers. Next apply red lipstick or liner to your bottom lip only. Lastly fill in your brows using a black pencil and add lashes!

I hope this was helpful! If you end up doing this look please let me know how it came out!!
 Thanks for reading,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment