PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sephora Air Brush Foundation


I follow Kandee Johnson on Instagram and she posted about a new video she made showing how you can use airbrush foundation with out an airbrush. I was intrigued so I watched the video. She showed a few different products but the one that stood out was Dior Airflash Spray Foundation. Dior Airflash retails for $62. Can we say OUCH!!!! I was going to get it and try it out  but one of my friends told me that Sephora has a spray airbrush foundation that some reviewers were saying was just as good as Dior Airflash. I decided to try out the Sephora brand first because of the cost. First thing I noticed on the Sephora website is they have two different airbrush foundations. One is Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation for $26 and the other is called Sephora Instant Airbrush Foundation and was on clearance for $9. I bet you can guess which one I chose. LOL. The ingredients on both foundations are almost similar. There are a few differences but I am unsure if it makes a difference or not in the finished product.

I chose light based on the swatches I had seen on other blogs.


 
You can twist the nozzle to adjust the coverage when you spray.
I found this not to be very accurate and the same amount of foundation
was sprayed no matter what setting I used.


 
I did not want to spray this directly on my face. I bought it specifically to use with a brush. From other bloggers and reviewers I learned that you use a lot of the product when spraying directly onto your face and that the product will not last very long.

I used my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply the foundation.

 
Naked Face 
 
 
I first put this foundation on without a primer. YUCK. It was really dry and sort of settled into all my pores instead of hiding them. A primer is a MUST with this foundation in my opinion. I found the shade Light to be a bit light for me especially because I have a little color from it being Summer. I chose light because medium looked quite dark and pulled pink. I hate pink undertones on my face. I found this foundation to be a full coverage foundation. It dried almost immediately upon applying it to a soft and matte finish. It looks quite nice for a full coverage foundation because it does not really look like you are wearing much foundation. I also like how it feels like you are wearing nothing on your face. Nothing drives me more insane than the feeling of a moist, heavy foundation.



My overall thoughts on this foundation are good. I think for $9 this foundation is a STEAL and affordable enough for everyone to try it out. It has great coverage and looks great on the skin. I am interested in trying the new Sephora airbrush foundation and sadly still want to try the overpriced Dior foundation as well.

Have you tried Sephora airbrush foundation, either the new or the old? How about Dior Airflash? If so, what did you think?

Thanks for reading,
 photo COAG_ChristinaSig.png
I edit all my photo's using PicMonkey! Go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment