PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Friday, September 14, 2012

Tarte 24/7 Natural Lip Sheer



What is it? Tarte 24/7 Natural Lip Sheer in Summer Fling.

 How much is it?  $10.00  ( I got this from a friend, I traded a custom sewn item for it)

 Where to buy it? Tarte, Sephora, Ulta


 What is it supposed to do? Text from the product listing on the Tarte website-

"All the lasting power of a lipstick--with the moisturizing, high-sheen properties of a lip gloss! These budgeproof, moisturizing lip sheers with added SPF 15 give a "your lips, but better" effect that makes them perfect for when you want a kiss of color without looking overdone."

What does it ACTUALLY do? This lip balm is very moisturizing and it did give me a "My lips but better effect" but the formula was very thick and tasted bad.


 Overall thoughts?  I really loved the color of this lipbalm but the thickness of the formula paired with the taste totally turned me off. When you first apply it, it is very thick and pasty. I am not sure what the flavor is that turns me off but it is quite strong. I do put it on when my lips are really dry because it does moisturize them quite quickly but I would not buy this lip balm again.

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: 8.0% Zinc oxide, 5% octinoxate, 5% oxybenzone, 3% octocrylene. Other Ingredients: Pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, octyldodecanol, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, microcrystalline wax, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, C30-50 alcohols, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, tocopheryl acetate, trihydroxystearin, flavor, butylene glycol, phytantriol, tiliroside, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, ubiquinone, triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica, tin oxide. (+/-): Mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 33 lake, red 6 lake, red 36, blue 1 lake.



 Have you tried Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer? If so what did you think?

Thanks for reading,



Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment