PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Friday, November 9, 2012

Maybelline Volum' Express "The Mega Plush"

I have yet to find a new mascara to love. I used to love using Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
but I have grown tired of the double step application and the price tag for this mascara. I have been trying new drug store mascaras and was quite excited to try this Maybelline mascara. The gel mousse formula intrigued me. I had two coupons that I combined and ended up paying only a couple dollars for this mascara at Target.

What is it? Gel-Mousse mascara
 How much is it? $5- $8 depending on where you shop
Where to buy it? Target, Wal-Mart,Drug Stores, Grocery Stores, Ulta etc.

Naked Eye

What is it supposed to do? gel mousse mascara that gives you full lashes without being flaky or brittle.
 What does it ACTUALLY do? It applied nicely, it did give me nice coverage and made my lashes look longer but not really fuller. I applied two quick coats and there were no clumps or flakes.
 Overall thoughts?  At first I really liked this mascara but over time I have grown to dislike it. It comes in waterproof and regular formulas. I have the regular formula but this mascara is still hard to remove. I use a face wash/ makeup remover in one and I have to use a lot and spend extra time on my eyes when I use this mascara. I have also noticed if I do more than 2 coats it starts getting clumpy on the ends of my lashes. Overall it is an okay mascara but not one I would buy again.

Eye with two coats of Maybelline Mega Plush

Have you tried this mascara? If so what did you think?


 Thanks for reading,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I recently tried this mascara too as I was waiting to make my Sephora trip for Lancome. I liked that the formula applied well, but I found it too thin. I also found that eventually it would start to flake off my lashes near the end of the day though, and I also disliked the brush as well. Too fat in my opinion haha.

    ReplyDelete