PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fyrinnae Mini Haul!!

           I finally got my hands on some new Fyrinnae. I have yet to place an order myself because the site is always closed when I have money and now my no buy...yadda yadda. I got these beauties in a swap last month. The swap was a secret swap and I sure was glad my partner knew me well because Parental Advisory is a pigment I have been eyeballing for some time now!
 Moon Child Mini, Parental Advisory Mini and a Sample of Pixie Epoxy.


          Pixie Epoxy is exactly was I imagined it would be. It went on slick but dried down and made the pigments really stick and POP. I wondered what exactly Pixie Epoxy was so I checked out the Fyrinnae site and found this info. 
 The original! A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on and/or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated in 2007, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place, minimize "fallout", and also to easily create a foiled look without foiling. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils).

Packaged in a lipgloss tube/doefoot wand (we found this was easiest for application and least messy), all you need is a tiny dab (we're not kidding, use the tiniest amount you can manage!) rubbed on with wand or fingertip over your usual primer. Wait several seconds, as the Epoxy should be tacky but not wet, and apply dry loose shadow with a brush. More Epoxy may be desired for very glittery products. This product also enables the shadow to be brushed on rather than patted. Fingertip shadow application does not work well with this product, and shadow is best applied dry. Wet application may work, but not with every shade/texture. Translucent in the tube, applies and dries completely clear. May make some shades appear darker, and doesn't work as well with mattes. To help prevent creasing under matte and shimmer shades, please use an actual shadow primer under this. Pixie Epoxy is safe to use under eyeliner, but not recommended for application directly on the waterline. Our customers use this under pressed eye shadow as well as loose. with the same style applicator, and holds 1.5 ml (enough for several applications). Please limit 5 full size tubes per order and/or Ingredients: Glycerin (vegetable derived), Purified Water (Aqua), Acrylamide/Ammonium acrylate copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Polyisobutene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate. Shelf life: 24-30 months on average. 

Swatches with flash

Swatches in the sun with a pig in the background.
          One of my all time favorite pigments is Nevermore by Fyrinnae and when I swatched Parental Advisory I thought they may be the same or really close in shade so I swatched them together and I was wrong! Nevermore is much more of a blurple. Both are gorgeous but Nevermore is still my favorite.

     If you have not tried Fyrinnae than you are missing out. They have a ton of color choices and their pigments are AMAZING!!!



Thanks for reading,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Moon Child looks exactly like what I need for summer, but this shade never caught my eyes before. *runs to add it on the wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently placed a big order and from what I had heard about the company I thought it would take forever, but also heard it was worth the wait...well 3 days later I got an e-mail it was shipped! Super excited since I have heard great things about them but never ordered before:) Can't wait to try the pixie epoxy!!

    ReplyDelete