PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Thursday, December 1, 2011

MAC Mattene Lipstick - Guest post by Yalena

I've been meaning to get around to this review because of how much I love these Mattene Lipsticks by MAC. Priced at $14.50, they were release with the Posh Paradise collection and they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
They have a semi-matte finish and do not come in the standard bullet-shaped lipstick tube from MAC. The tube is very similar to the MAC Slimshine lipsticks minus the metallic look. The tube is matte - which is obviously fitting of the theme.
The ones I purchased are:
  • Deliciously Forbidden -On me, it's a pinky-rose color. It does pull slightly warmer but can most certain be neutral for cool or warm tones.
  • Eden Rouge - A bright, slightly blue based red.
  • Legendary - A brownish red. Not impressive in the tube and a tad too brown for me but can easily be wearable with a red lip liner underneath.
  • Unknown Pleasures - A richer, brownish red that pulls more red. Very sultry and vampy.
  • Rare Exotic - A fun, cooler toned pink with a slight blue tone. Bright without being neon.
Overall, I think this is my favorite lipstick formula from MAC. It wears like a dream and feels so smooth on the lips. I'm beyond pleased to have these in my collection.
Here are some swatches for your enjoyment:






 
Check out Yalena on her blog

1 comment:

  1. i love rare exotic!! gorgeous!! i'm going to have to track that down

    ReplyDelete