PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Friday, December 9, 2011

Lime Crime Lipsticks - Guest post by Yalena



I am totally pumped for this post! I'm a big Lime Crime lipstick junkie. I've been slowly but surely trying to collected them all. They are available for purchase through www.limecrimemakeup.com


Lime Crime also carries eye shadows but they are mainly popular for their uniquely colored, quirky lipsticks. They are BRIGHT and will turn heads. These lipsticks are not for the faint of heart. If you like bold lips, have a daring sense of style and love attention, then read on...


Lime Crime's lipsticks are priced at a steep $16.00. That's more than M.A.C.'s lipsticks at $14.50. Some people will argue that it's not worth the price. Here are some facts that may or may not help you decided if its worth it:



Pros:
  • Fun, bright, bold colors that can range from every day to theatrics
  • Cute PINK packing that has shimmery glittery Unicorns. Even the individual lipstick boxes have the same design
  • Colors can be layers to make new colors. Kind of my OCC lip tars but in tube form and no mess
  • Excellent customer service (from personal experience)
  • Fast, priority shipping
  • All their lipsticks are Vegan and certified cruelty-free
  • "No Questions Asked" return policy
  • Pro discount of 35%
Cons:
  • the $16 price tag
  • Even though the selection is decent, they've only released 15 colors (one which is discontinued)
  • The packaging feels a little cheap
  • 3 of my lipsticks have become loose at the base and are on the verge breaking off
  • They have sales on lipsticks only about 2 times a year - maybe 3 at most
  • Shipping is $5
  • Shipping is only free for orders of $100 (would be nice if it were $50 instead)
Ultimately, the decision is up to you. I can live with the minor issues because I love the lipsticks.

The only ones I will probably never own is Styletto (an intense black) because I don't like blacks on my lips. Maybe if it were 2002 again :)

Then there's also Great Pink Planet which I owned but sold because I didn't like how it applied on me. No matter how I applied it, it seem to apply streaky and made my lips look really dry. I have one swatch of it that I will share.


Here are some swatches:

Airborne Unicorn


Retrofuturist


Centrifuchsia

Chinchilla


Coquette


Cosmopop


Countessa Fluorescent


Glamour 101

Mint To Be


New Yolk City


My Beautiful Rocket


Oh No She Didn't



Great Pink Planet


All of Lime Crime's lipsticks are highly pigmented. Some even double as a stain (Centrifuchsia, Countessa Fluorescent, Retrofuturist, Glamour 101) - which some may love (like myself) or some may hate.


Something to keep in mind when purchasing these ;)


Thanks for reading!






Check out more awesome reviews and posts from Yalena at her blog

1 comment:

  1. They look like great colors, I just can't see paying $16 a pop for lipstick that loosens and cheap packaging. Maybe I'm just a cheapskate lol!

    ReplyDelete