PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Some new brushes!!


Over the last month I have acquired a bunch of new brushes so I figured I would just lump them into one post to make it more exciting! Are you excited yet? I sure am because in this brush haul is my new favorite brush! Move over MAC #222 because you have competition!


First up is the MAC 168SE Travel Cheek Contour Brush. I found this gem for sale in a facebook group and arranged a trade. I personally HATE travel size brushes but you know what I hate more.... MAC PRICING ON FULL SIZE BRUSHES! I have way too many kids to be affording MAC brushes. So anyway, I decided to give this brush a whirl simply because it was MAC. That was a very good decision because I LOVE this brush. I personally use it to apply blush ( not contour), the angled design and size of the brush are perfect for my face. I have been using the tip from Goss Makeup Artist and only applying blush to my cheekbones and staying away from the apples of my cheeks so the small size and angle of this brush fit perfect into the smaller area.

Next is the Ultimate Eyeshadow Brush from Beauty From The Earth. I received this brush in my prize package last month. Remember I was in the top ten for the Bridal Makeup Challenge on Makeupbee?   This brush costs $9.99 and is available here. I am not sure what this brush is made of but I believe it is synthetic. I have used this brush numerous times and it has quickly become one of my favorites for applying eyeshadow (before blending).  The size is perfect and the bristles are packed just dense enough to grab the right amount of shadow. I could use a few more of these in my brush collection!

Now on to the Sonia Kashuk Crease Brush. These brushes are EXTREMELY cheap and GREAT quality. The normal price for the Sonia Kashuk Core eyeshadow brushes is $5.99. I had a $2 off coupon so this brush was a steal. I use this brush a lot. It is a good addition to my collection. I have 2 other crease brushes by Studio Tools but both are really fluffy so I do not use them as a crease brush but this brush fits nicely into the crease. I like it!

 Then we have the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I paid around $8 for this brush at Ulta. I wanted this brush and  I do not even know what stippling really is. Someone commented and told me that using a stippling brush with that gold MSF I got from MAC would be a good idea so I got this brush. I have used it once to stipple on some highlighter. I just dabbed it on thinking that was how you used a stippling brush. I have watched some videos and see this brush is quite versatile so I am excited to see how it works. I will update you all!

Last is an elf Fan Brush. My makeup sensei told me I needed a fan brush. I am FAR too cheap to spend good money on a brush that is used to flick makeup OFF my face so I opted for the $3 studio version from elf. I have used it to flick off black eyeshadow and glitter from my face and it works nicely. Before I would wipe it off with makeup remover and make a bigger mess so I am glad I got this brush.


So that is my brush haul from last month! What do you think? Have you tried any of these brushes? if so what did you think? If not, do you have any brushes you are excited about lately? Please share!

 Thanks for reading,
Christina





1 comment:

  1. Love the Real Techniques stipping brush, makes my foundation look amazing!
    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete