PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Friday, June 24, 2011

Spellbound by Jynx Review

The owner of Spellbound by Jynx recently contacted me and asked
to send me some samples to try.
I had never heard of this company so I googled.
I found information on a company facebook page and an Artfire shop.
My interest was peaked so I agreed to the review.

Here is some info taken from the bio section of Spellbound By Jynx Artfire shop.
 We are a new cosmetic company, here to bring you beautiful make up at a great price!
All of our products are custom blended, NONE are repackaged. Ingredients are listed under each picture, and if you would like a full ingredient list just ask! 
 
My package arrived quickly and was packaged well.
The samples were hand labeled with the color name but lacked an ingredient list.
I was able to find full ingredient lists on each product in the Artfire shop.

- Pricing for a 5g sifter jar is US $3.99, 10g jar for US $8.25.
- Every full size jar is packaged in a sealed sifter jar, complete with sifter seal!
- Samples are US $1.00 each, and each order includes two samples, chosen at random. 
 Truthfully I was not very excited about these colors or this company until
I started swatching. The colors are really pretty. 
They all were opaque and applied easily.
The colors that really stood out to me were Saffy, Blue Steel, Impulse
and Napalm Tang.

Swatches in the sunlight.

The colors that stood out in this set were Wizard of Oz, Wink,
Phoenix, Bubble and Blue Oyster.

Swatches in the sunlight.

Here I used Bubble, Saffy and Napalm Tang.
 These colors are gorgeous!
They were perfect for this soft girlish look.

This look is Impulse on the lid with Phoenix in the crease
blended up. Phoenix is the most amazing color!



Overall thoughts-
I like this company.
I only tried the baggie samples so I can't say how the normal packaging is.
Pricing is below average I assume because they
are a new company and want to drum up business.
Spellbound by Jynx offers a nice array of color choices and
the formula they use for the pigments is good.
It is opaque, blends well and has decent staying power.
One of the things I dislike is how they have the products labeled
in the Artfire shop. They list the color type before the actual color
name and Artfire cuts the name off so you can not shop easily if
you are looking for a particular color name.

Have you tried Spellbound by Jynx?
If so, what did you think?

Thanks for reading,

2 comments: